December 31, 2012

Christmas Crafting

 
In the past few months my private practice has taken up more of my time and I worked far into December. It meant not having so much Christmas crafting time, but we did manage to sneak in some fun before the big day. 

At the top - our Christmas cards. These were printed with acrylic paint onto white cardboard. We used a round pencil eraser to make the red dots; an edge of corrugated cardboard to print the stars; and, a spaceship sponge - a modern take on a starry theme. 


This was our version of gingerbread houses - tennis biscuit houses :). They were pretty easy to put together. You need tennis biscuits, lots of icing and some sweeties to decorate. Next year, maybe I'll have a go at making actual gingerbread.


Homemade Christmas gift tags made by Big One. Every gift had a personalised tag.


Homemade wrapping paper by Big One.



This year Little One made this awesome handprint tree at School - all the children made one and it served as a forest - the backdrop in their small Christmas production. I decided to turn it into a ten day countdown tree to Christmas. Each day we decorated the tree with a sparkly pom pom and on Christmas day we added a star to the top. 


And lastly...a Christmas Elf made from a Lipton Tea Box. We spent the afternoon creating with some friends - it's become a lovely Christmas tradition. The idea was to create gift boxes from the tea boxes and this was Big One's creation. 

I hope you enjoyed these. See you back here in 2013! 

3 comments:

Mrs. Mae said...

Love the Christmas tree made out of hands! :)

km said...

I posted a comment on this earlier... just in case it didn't go through---- THESE ARE JUST DELIGHTFUL!!!! I love your pictures and your brilliant ideas. Now I miss Christmas even more... THANK you for sharing all these wonderfulness!

Unknown said...

That is so cut and I like them thank you fot that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...